Avocado is probably one of my favorite foods. It goes well with everything, from soups, stews, snacks and sandwiches, to cupcakes and ice cream. It has a creamy buttery texture that can be enjoyed with salty or sweet flavors, and it is a classic at Mexican parties, restaurants and my kitchen. You can fix it pretty quickly.
Are you having a party any time soon? Are you craving something tasty? Don’t miss the opportunity to delight your guests with a healthy and nutritious treat…
Leave a message and tell us how you like to eat your guac!
– 3 ripe avocados
– About ½ cup of finely minced onion
– 1 ripe tomato
– Cilantro to taste
– 1 or 2 serrano or jalapeño chiles
– 1 tea spoon of salt
– juice of 1 lime
- Finely mince and chop onion, tomato, cilantro and chiles. Use a sharp knife to open up and remove the stem and seeds from the pepper, otherwise it might be very spicy.
- Cut the avocados in half, slice avocado into segments and scoop out from the peel.
- Using a fork, mash the avocados and add all the ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Try with one chile first, and depending on how spicy you like food add the second one.
- Store in the fridge before serving.
- Enjoy with chips, soup, salad, stews, feta cheese… you name it!
Thank you very much to my mother-in-law for the beautiful molcajete shown in the picture.